What are the causes of dark skin in between thighs? How do you get rid of this black or dark skin? What are the best home remedies, cosmetic skin lightening treatments options do we have? Are there any best creams for lightening black in between thigh skin?
We will both agree that having this problem, from whatever the cause, is very embarrassing to in both men and women. People will associate it with poor hygiene or even previous infections from sexually transmitted diseases whereas this might not be the case.
First, let us uncover the causes of this hyperpigmentation problem that affects a lot of people before we look at how to deal with this issue.
There are many causes of dark skin between thighs that might extend this skin discoloration problem to the groin or other bikini areas.
As we are discussing each cause, we will be providing quick fixes before we later cover on how to whiten or lighten them. Some of the common causes include the following:
People are obese have often been found to higher chances of developing this problem since their thighs rub against each other as they are walking or exercising. Rubbing thighs “can cause discoloration and itchy skin, a condition called chaffing” [PositiveMed.com].
To avoid this problem, always wear pants that are loose fitting and avoid synthetic fibers including nylon as they cause more irritation. Go for pants made from natural fibers especially cotton.
Excess friction and sweating can darken or blacken them. Furthermore, if you are fond of wearing very tight clothing, you will only be worsening this problem. Therefore, wearing loose breathable clothing might help if this is the cause in your unique case. Furthermore, avoid dark colored tight jeans.
3. Hormonal imbalance
Hormonal imbalance is a possible cause to women. You can easily tell that the cause is a hormonal imbalance if they darken during some stages when there is a lot of hormonal changes such as during your monthly cycles, lactation or pregnancy.
Furthermore, if you suffer from polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS), you might have darker patches on your thighs or even your underarms [Source www.prokerala.com]
4. Exposure to sun
Too much exposure to direct sunlight especially during sunbathing can cause not only darkening skin on your thighs as well as dark marks if you end up with sunburns.
5. Medication and drugs
Some medications such as oral contraceptives have been found to cause inner thigh darkening. In case you are currently using some medications and this problem seem to be affecting you, consult your physician to be certain if the drugs or medications might be causing it.
6. Acanthosis Nigricans Conditions
This is a condition that often causes discoloration as well as dark patches on the skin including the skin on your thighs.
7. No thigh gap
To some people, this problem results from lacking a gap or having thighs that are so close to each other. This problem is what affects obese people as seen already.
8. Shaving with Razor & other bikini hair removal techniques
Excessive shaving for those who are a bit hairy can cause inner black thighs. This problem is often for people who use old razors that irritate their skin and thus darkening it.
9. Diabetes and insulin resistance
A common question often asked is the dark inner thigh and diabetes connection. Research has shown that people who are insulin resistant often suffer from darkening thighs. This perhaps can be the connection. You will suffer from the dark skin around your neck, armpits and other body parts.
There are many other causes of this problem which include the use of skin care products and perfumes that might be reactive, aging, chemicals found in sweat, poor ventilation among others.
Pictures and images
To get a glimpse of what having a dark skin inner thighs is, here are a picture of enlightening it more.
Dark bumps marks and whiteheads
Having dark bumps on the inner side of your thighs or marks might have nothing to do with having thighs that are darker on their inner side. This marks or bumps might be caused by many other causes which might be having nothing to do with inner thigh darkening.
However, in some cases, black marks or bumps can be caused by some of the above reasons such as shaving of bikini hair.
Other causes of thighs that are dark with blackheads, marks or bumps include hidradenitis suppurativa, folliculitis, abscess, molluscum contagiosum or warts (caused by STDs). [med-health.net].
How to get rid or lighten them
In this section, we will cover home remedies, treatments as well as discuss the good creams and general tips you can use to solve this problem quickly.
10 Best natural remedies
If you have this problem, home remedies are perhaps the best approach you should opt for. There are many at home or natural ways to whiten the in-between thighs skin. We will discuss some of the most effective ways you can use. Here is how you can get rid of this problem naturally:
1. Lemon Juice + coconut oil
“Lemon juice acts a natural bleaching agent’ [thehealthsite.com] and will get rid all the blemishes. On the other hand, coconut oil is a good dark skin lightener that can also be it can be used to lighten dark feet, knuckles among other body parts. Furthermore, coconut oil will keep your skin moisturized since lemon can leave your skin dry.
- Add three teaspoons of coconut oil to juice extracted from a half fresh lemon
- Massage the skin between your thighs for about 15-20 minutes
- Wash it off using warm water before drying by pat with clean, dry piece cloth.
You can then apply olive or coconut oil to keep it moisturized. In case you want to rub a half a lemon directly on your thigh, you have to wash it after 15 minutes then apply olive oil.
2. Lemon + curd
Curd will be helpful in moisturizing your skin. It also has whitening and acidic properties that will stop any infections while lemon as said earlier has skin whitening properties.
- Squeeze half a lemon to about a teaspoon of curd that has slightly gone sour.
- Add a little (pinch) of besan or gram flour and haldi or turmeric to this mixture
- Apply it on your dark skin between thighs and let it dry
- Rub gently in circular motion; you can add a little water while rubbing
- Wash it off and part to dry
3. Honey + Sugar + Lemon
Sugar will exfoliate your dark inner thighs to remove any dead skin that might be present; honey will moisturize the skin while lemon being a natural bleaching agent will help reduce the dark pigmentation.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of sugar and 1 tablespoon of honey to half squeezed lemon juice.
- Rub the resulting paste on your black inner thighs in a circular motion until the sugar vanishes.
- Let it stay for about 10 minutes before you can use warm water to wash it off.
4. Tomato + Potato Juice + Honey
Tomato and potato juice work well as bleaching agents that can whiten dark inner thighs or any other body part but they are particularly crucial for people who have a very sensitive skin. On the other hand, honey will act as a moisturizing and soothing agent. This remedy is useful for persistent dark spots too.
- Add half peeled and grated potato to tomato juice (same amount) before adding a few honey drops.
- Rub this mixture on your dark thighs gently
- Wash the paste off after about 5-10 minutes before patting it do dry with a clean piece of cloth.
5. Lemon juice + Cucumber + Sandalwood
Sandalwood and cucumber work well as “natural cooling agents which soothe the tender skin of the in between your thighs” [thehealthsite.com] while lemon, as usual, has lightening properties.
- Add a tablespoon of sandalwood power to a peeled and grated cucumber. Add a lemon juice to the mixture.
- Apply and let it stay until it dries off.
- Wash the paste off
If you happen to be having a chafing problem, do not use lemon juice since it can cause some irritation
6. Milk + Honey + Almond Oil
Almond oil will help in lightening your skin since it has plenty of vitamins E. Milk and honey nourishes the affected area while they stops any infections.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of honey, one tablespoon of almond oil and two tablespoons of honey.
- Apply it and let it remain there for about 15 minutes.
- Wash it off with water the after it has dried
7. Curd + Oats + Honey
Oats will be important in exfoliation dark skin on inner thighs while curd will leave a smooth feeling. Honey being a strong antibacterial agent will keep any infection at bay.
- Add a few drops of honey to a mixture of oats and curd, each one tablespoon
- Apply it the in-between thigh skin you want to whiten
- Clean it off after a few minutes using water before patting it to dry it.
8. Almond Oil + Aloe Vera gel
Aloe Vera will help in reducing inflammation as well are repair your skin quickly, and it can be used for people of all skin types. On the other hand, almond oil, since it has vitamins E will help in lightening dark inner thighs.
- Add a few drops of almond oil to about 2 tablespoons of aloe vera gel
- Massage gently until absorption into the skin has occurred
- Wash it off when it starts becoming sticky
9. Honey + Orange Peels
Going on with ways how to get rid of dark skin on inner thighs, using a mixture of orange peels and baby can be helpful since orange peels contain vitamin C that works as a natural bleaching agent. When used with honey, it leaves a smooth, supple skin without any blemishes.
- Squeeze a half an orange peel into a teaspoon of honey to get its contents that are acidic
- Afterwards, grate the peel or prepare an orange peel power and add it to the above mixture to form a paste.
- Apply the paste and wash off after about 15 minutes.
10. Lemon + Rose Water + Glycerine
For spotless and soft inner thighs, use a mixture of lemon, rosewater, and glycerin. These ingredients will both lighten and moisturize your skin.
- Add 4-5 drops of rose water to a mixture of glycerine and lemon juice
- Apply it before you go to bed and let it stay overnight
- Wash it off the following morning as you are taking a shower.
Other Home Remedies for Whitening black Inner Thighs
- Adding lemon oil to your warm bath water
- Grinding almonds and apply the resultant paste on your things can be of much help if you cannot get pure almond oil
- Use green papaya extracts since it has a powerful skin whitening enzymes that will lighten your skin quickly
- Use bathing soaps and scrubs that contain the licorice essential oil or adding this essential oil to your bath water can be of much help.
- Dab apple cider vinegar on your in between thigh skin and let it dry. You can wash it off as you are taking your bath
- Use a mixture of apple cider vinegar and baking soda. You can apply this dough, let it dry before you can wash it off after like 20 minutes.
- Sesame seed or sunflower oil can also be used to massage for about 5 minutes before you can wash them off.
Note: As you use the various home remedies to get rid of dark inner thighs, it is advised not to use soap as you will end up sweating so much. In case you sweat, use talcum power. Also, if you have any wound or irritated skin or a cut, let it heal first before using any of the above home remedies.
There are various ways to manage dark inner thigh that might give immediate results. It is a good idea to consult your dermatologists before you go for any of these cosmetic skin lightening procedures for the darkened inner skin of your thighs. Some of the conventional treatments you should consider include
- Laser skin surfacing
- Skin dermabrasion
- Cryosurgery that reduces melanin in your skin
- Skin lightening surgery
- Skin bleaching injections and pills
Although they achieve immediately results, most of these specialized treatments are quick expensive.
Best cream to use
To help get rid of black inner thighs, you have the option of trying various creams available in the market. Some of these creams such as hydroquinone cream might require a doctor’s prescription. So what are some of the best creams for black inner thighs?
- Finale Whitening Cream – Armpit/inner thigh/elbow/knee
- Marie France Dark Butt, Inner Thighs and Bikini Area Professional Whitening Kit
- Diana Stalder Butt, Bikini Line and Inner Thighs Kit
- Marie France Butt and Bikini Whitening Kit
- Glutamax Whitening Underarm & Inner Thigh Cream 20 Grams Whiten Skin
- Underarm Thigh Bikini Whitening Armpit and Dark Sport Skin Lightening Cream
- Dark butt whitening inner thigh bikini lightening cream armpit dark skin bleach
- Authentic underarm, face, inner thigh whitening & removes freckles, age spot
- mosbeau placenta white underarm & dark spot cream 50g
While buying any cream, check on the ingredients it has. Some of the good ingredients you should look for include, “kojic acid, tretinoin, azelaic acid and glycolic acid”, according to DermeDoctor.com
However, before you spend any of the above creams, ensure you read online reviews, user rating and customer comments.
To conclude, here are some of the important tips, tricks and things to help you reduce darkened inner skin of your thighs.
- Stop wearing tight fitting clothes as well as those made from synthetic fibers since they do darken the in between thigh skin.
- If you are overweight and your thighs rub each other as a consequence, losing weight is a good way to go.
- To reduce chafing, apply Vaseline jelly. This will also help reduce discomfort of rubbing thigh skin
- Take a lot of fruits, vegetables as well as 8 glasses of water daily. Green leafy vegetables and fruits such as berries, oranges have antioxidant that are good for reducing discoloration you your skin.
How to get fast or quicker results
Finally, if you want to get rid of dark inner thighs fast, you need to know that home remedies will take more time followed by creams. If you opt for the various treatments we have mentioned, results might be immediate, but the procedures might be expensive.
- PostiveMed: http://positivemed.com/2014/06/15/dark-inner-thighs/
- Prekerala: http://www.prokerala.com/health/skin-care/skin-lightening-tips.php
- med-health.net http://www.med-health.net/Bump-on-Inner-Thigh.html
- HealthSite: http://www.thehealthsite.com/beauty/10-home-remedies-to-get-rid-of-darkening-on-inner-thighs-p214/
- com: http://www.livestrong.com/article/170431-how-to-get-rid-of-dark-skin-under-arms-between-thighs/