You may be reading this because your body is experiencing some symptoms like excessive sweating or just cold sweats. You may also be having a weird sensation like the world is spinning whenever you start sweating. That is called dizziness. Sometimes sweating and dizziness is accompanied by fatigue and chronic patients even end up fainting.
There are many reasons why you may be sweating and feeling dizzy. I will point some of them here and give you the probable solutions:
Dehydration and remedies
Dehydration means the body is not getting enough fluids. The blood supply to various organs is low and therefore you end up sweating and feeling dizzy. Some of the common causes of dehydration are diarrhea, vomiting and heavy menstruation in women. Dizziness and vomiting are often closely related.
Remedies for dehydration
- Increase the uptake of fluids whenever you have the condition mentioned above.
- Drink carbohydrate-rich drinks especially those that are meant for sports purposes
- Remove any excessive clothing
- Stay in well-ventilated places.
Exercises are vital for good health but too much of something is poisonous. Over-exercising may be the reason why you are experiencing sudden dizziness and sweating. Excess physical activity may lead to other complications like fatigue, headache and muscle aches.
Remedies for sweating and dizziness during exercises
- Dress to thwart the sweat by wearing athletic clothes that can absorb the sweat
- Practicing good hygiene like avoiding re-using clothes can also come in handy here
- Exercise in well-ventilated rooms.
Sweating and dizziness from medication
Most drugs have side effects. Anti-seizure drugs, blood pressure drugs, antibiotics, pain and chemotherapy medications are known to cause lightheadedness, dizziness and nausea.
A person who takes an overdose of drugs may also experience severe dizziness and sickness.
- Having enough rest and sleep is often enough treatment for side effects
- If symptoms persist, then seek the help of your physician who will advise you accordingly. The physician will probably change your dosage.
Expectant mothers go through many changes on their road to motherhood. Some of these changes may trigger excessive sweating and constant dizziness. Some of the reasons for dizziness are the fact that most of the blood flow is concentrated in the fetus and therefore reduced in the other body parts. Another cause is that as the fetus grows, it exerts pressure on the blood vessels and therefore reducing the blood flow to the mother’s heart.
Remedies for sweating and dizziness in pregnant women
- Dress in light clothes to stop sweating
- Eat more meals containing irons to prevent less blood sugar in the body
- Avoid stuffy places
- Lie on your sides when sleeping or resting
- Be slow when moving around.
Low Blood sugar levels in the body
It’s known as hypoglycemia in medical terms. Low blood sugar can lead to excessive sweating and severe dizziness. It’s a condition that is mostly experienced by people suffering from diabetes though it can also be triggered by skipping meals
Other signs of hypoglycemia are fatigue, blurred vision, hunger and sudden nervousness.
- Take frequent carbohydrate meals.
- If symptoms persist then seek immediate medical attention from your doctor.
Anxiety disorder is one of the most likely causes of excessive sweating and dizziness. The disorder is characterized by how the body reacts to current events and fear of future events. Anxiety disorders are caused by a combination of genetic and environmental factors.
A panic attack is a form of anxiety disorder whose symptoms are excessive sweating, fear and sometimes nausea.
Panic attacks are often associated with a phobia for public places. Other symptoms of panic attacks include chest pains and trouble swallowing.
- Counselling is often offered for people with anxiety disorder.
- You can also seek the services of a professional if you feel like you have the anomaly.
Refers to lack of enough Red Blood Cells in the body. This can be due to losing a lot of blood or other illnesses. Red blood cells are responsible for oxygen circulation in the body therefore their deficit will result a problem.
Suffering from Anemia can trigger a sudden onset of dizziness and sweating.
- Eat regular foods of iron rich supplements like liver and spinach.
- Pregnant women are always given iron supplies by their physicians to complement the natural irons from food.
- Patients with acute anemia should seek medical attention.
Low blood pressure
Profuse sweating and dizziness may be because of failure of the heart to pump blood at high rate so that it can reach the head. Blood pressure may fall because of various forms of heart diseases like blocked vessels or blood clots in vital body parts like lungs.
Other symptoms of low blood pressure include vomiting, shortness of breath and nausea.
- Seek immediate medical attention if you feel like you have such symptoms
You could also be sweating profusely, feeling dizzy and nauseous because of taking too much coffee. Some people can tolerate more caffeine in their system than others; you could be in that category of others.
- Avoid caffeine drinks
- Excessive caffeine can also be flushed from your system if you seek the help of a professional.
Other reasons why keep feeling dizzy and sweat
- Overactive sweat glands which lead to excessive sweating
- Lack of enough sleep
- Heart rhythm disorder
- Heat exhaustion
- Panic fear
General home remedies
- Eat healthy meals and snacks
- Consume iron rich foods
- Invest in good deodorants
- Avoid stuffy places
- Dress in cotton clothes
- Take enough rest